Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Chelsea, MA
Representing the People Throughout Massachusetts
At Georges Cote Law, we understand how traumatic and confusing being involved in a rideshare accident can be. After all, ridesharing is unique to the 21st century. Consequently, personal injury laws related to being in a ridesharing accident can be confusing, with far fewer examples to look to than accidents involving cars, trucks, or taxis.
Our firm, however, is very familiar with the particulars of ridesharing and personal injury law and can offer you informed and reliable legal representation and guidance in your case. Our Chelsea rideshare accident lawyers provide compassionate and experienced legal assistance for injury victims of rideshare services, including Uber and Lyft drivers. Our experienced attorneys have the knowledge and resources to fight for the best possible outcome in your case. With our support, you will have access to experts who can answer all your questions about filing a claim or lawsuit against the responsible parties involved in your accident.
Are Drivers for Uber and Lyft Insured By their Employer?
When you consider how long taxis and buses have been a part of our lives, rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber are relatively new ground for lawmakers. In this burgeoning field, insurance and liability can become confusing. Luckily, there are some protections in place for victims of rideshare accidents.
In Massachusetts, drivers for Lyft and Uber are required to have the following minimum insurance coverage:
- $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident for bodily injury liability coverage: This coverage will pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages if you're at fault for an accident and someone else is injured.
- $8,000 per person for personal injury protection (PIP) coverage: This coverage will pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and other related expenses, regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident for uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage: This coverage will pay for medical expenses and other damages if you're in an accident with a driver who doesn't have insurance.
- $5,000 per accident for property damage liability coverage: This coverage will pay for damages to someone else's property if you're at fault for an accident.
It's important to note that when drivers actively use their Lyft or Uber app, they are covered by the company's insurance policy and their own personal insurance coverage. Lyft and Uber provide liability coverage up to $1 million per accident. However, the coverage amount and terms may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the accident.
Lastly, remember that insurance claims only cover economic damages, such as medical bills, property damage, and other quantifiable variables. If you seek non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, or other intangible costs, you must file a claim or lawsuit. In a lawsuit, it is also possible to win compensation for punitive damages, though these are only awarded in cases of extreme negligence.
Reach Out Today
Sustaining injury can upend your life, leaving you saddled with medical bills and other associated costs. Our rideshare attorneys at Georges Cote Law are here to ensure you are protected and represented by a competent, experienced, and passionate legal team. We will consult with medical professionals and witnesses and analyze your case comprehensively, seeking to maximize any compensation to which you are entitled.
Georges Cote Law obtained $700,000 on behalf of a client injured in a motorcycle accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $237,500 on behalf of a client who was injured in a scooter accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $230,000 on behalf of a client who was injured in a premises accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $230,000 on behalf of a client injured in a truck accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $170,000 on behalf of a client who was injured after slipping and falling.
Georges Cote Law obtained $150,000 on behalf of a client who was injured in a motor vehicle accident.
What Evidence Should I Gather to Support My Case?
To win a rideshare lawsuit in Massachusetts, you must provide sufficient evidence to prove that your driver or another party was at fault for the accident and that you have suffered considerable damages as a result.
Here are some types of evidence that may be useful in your case:
- Police Report: The police report from the accident can provide valuable information, including statements from witnesses and the police officer's assessment of fault.
- Eyewitness Statements: If there were any eyewitnesses to the accident, their statements could be valuable evidence in your case. Be sure to collect their contact information so we can contact them for a statement.
- Medical Records: Medical records and bills can provide evidence of the injuries you sustained in the accident and the costs of your medical treatment. Be sure to get medical help immediately, as the time it takes you to seek care could be used against you by insurers or the other party's attorney.
- Photos and Videos: Photos and videos of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles involved, and your injuries can help establish the accident's severity and the extent of your damages.
- Rideshare Company Records: The rideshare company's records, including trip logs and driver data, can be used to show that the other driver was working for the company at the time of the accident.
- Screenshots: Screenshot any information about the driver and your trip, as we can refer to this in the future.
I loved my experience with them!
A great team full of amazing people that took amazing care of my case! I wouldn’t recommend anywhere else! They always answered all of my questions and made sure that everything ran smoothly + they make no mistakes!- Eduarda Sousa
The work you do is important and so appreciated.
I had a great experience with the team, they are professional, passionate, and respectful. Thank you for helping me through my case, and for ensuring the best possible outcome on my behalf.- Keevens Nepius
If you’re looking for an attorney, look no further than Georges Cote Law!
They were responsive, concise, and capable, and explained everything clearly in a way that was easy to understand. They made my whole case a breeze; I didn’t have to worry about a thing.- Danielle Wood
My experience with Audai was excellent! Highly recommended.- Josemassi Zeze
The best law firm in Boston.
The best law firm in Boston.- Amir Khan
They are the best. Very attentive.- Rayane Rodrigues