Chelsea Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Skilled & Experienced Lawyers Seeking Justice for Victims
Medical malpractice is a tragically common occurrence. Choosing a medical professional often requires people to take a leap of faith in trusting someone to treat their condition responsibly. When that trust is broken, it can lead to anxiety, trauma, and emotional pain in addition to the damage you already sustained due to your injury that was either not treated, treated incorrectly, or ignored.
We understand what you are going through, and we want to help. We provide committed legal representation for personal injury or medical malpractice cases. Our team of experienced Chelsea medical malpractice attorneys has dedicated itself to fighting for justice for individuals, families, and communities affected by injuries of all kinds. By combining cutting-edge legal strategies with personal dedication, we can work toward getting you the compensation and justice that you deserve. Whether it's a hospital error, misdiagnosis, surgical mistake, birth trauma injury, or another form of medical negligence – our attorneys will work tirelessly to represent you.
Call us today at (617) 229-6720 to schedule your free consultation!
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice refers to a legal concept in which a healthcare professional, such as a doctor, nurse, surgeon, or hospital, fails to provide the appropriate standard of care, resulting in harm or injury to a patient. Medical malpractice cases typically arise when a healthcare provider deviates from the accepted medical standard of care, and this deviation leads to harm or injury to the patient. It is important to note that not all medical errors or unfavorable outcomes constitute medical malpractice.
Common types of medical malpractice cases include:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: This occurs when a healthcare provider fails to accurately diagnose a medical condition or delays the diagnosis, leading to worsened health outcomes. For example, a doctor may misdiagnose cancer as a benign condition, resulting in a delay in treatment and a poorer prognosis.
- Surgical Errors: Surgical malpractice cases involve mistakes made during surgery, such as operating on the wrong body part, leaving surgical instruments inside a patient, or performing unnecessary procedures.
- Medication Errors: These cases involve errors in prescribing, dispensing, or administering medications, such as giving the wrong medication or incorrect dosage, which can lead to serious harm or adverse reactions.
- Birth Injuries: Medical malpractice during childbirth can result in birth injuries to the baby or mother. Examples include negligence during labor and delivery, improper use of forceps or vacuum extractors, and failure to perform a timely cesarean section when necessary.
- Anesthesia Errors: Errors related to anesthesia administration can have serious consequences, such as administering too much or too little anesthesia, failing to monitor the patient during surgery, or not properly informing the patient about pre-operative fasting requirements.
- Hospital Negligence: Hospitals can be held liable for negligence in various ways, including inadequate staffing, inadequate infection control, and failure to properly maintain equipment or facilities.
- Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse: This involves cases of neglect, physical abuse, or emotional abuse in nursing homes or long-term care facilities, leading to harm or injury to residents.
- Failure to Obtain Informed Consent: Healthcare providers are required to obtain informed consent from patients before performing medical procedures or treatments. Failure to do so can lead to a medical malpractice claim.
- Radiology Errors: These errors can involve misinterpretation of diagnostic imaging, such as X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans, which can result in misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of medical conditions.
- Dental Malpractice: Dental professionals can be sued for malpractice if they provide substandard dental care, leading to harm or injury to patients.
How to Prove Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice in Massachusetts is understood as professional negligence by a medical provider resulting in personal injury or death. In other words, in order to have a case, you must prove that your doctor or medical professional was careless in their duties, which led to you sustaining an injury of some kind.
In Massachusetts, there are five elements necessary to win a medical malpractice lawsuit:
- A doctor-patient relationship must exist between the plaintiff and the defendant
- Negligence on the part of the defendant must have occurred
- The negligence must have been a proximate cause of an injury
- Damage resulted from the act or omission constituting medical malpractice
- Quantifiable damages must exist, such as lost wages, medical costs, etc.
In addition, claimants must be able to prove that their doctor provided substandard care. A good way to do this is to get testimony from other providers in your doctor's field who can attest to how a patient should be treated. This will allow you to contrast the care you should have received and the care you got.
Why Choose Us?
We understand this is likely a painful, confusing, and complicated time for you and your loved ones. We will take care of all aspects of your case so that you can take the time to heal. Our Chelsea medical malpractice attorneys will analyze your case and consult with witnesses and medical professionals. With our attorneys, your claim is in good hands.
Hiring our Chelsea medical malpractice lawyer at Georges Cote Law can provide you with several important benefits:
- Expertise and Experience: When you choose our Chelsea medical malpractice lawyer, you gain access to our extensive knowledge and experience in handling medical malpractice cases. We have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in similar cases, and we understand the intricacies of medical malpractice law.
- Legal Guidance: We are here to guide you through the complex legal process. Our Chelsea medical malpractice lawyer will explain your rights, the legal options available to you, and help you make informed decisions at every step of your case.
- Investigation and Evidence: We will thoroughly investigate your case to gather evidence that supports your claim. This includes reviewing medical records, consulting with expert witnesses, and ensuring that all relevant information is collected to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Our goal is to obtain a fair and just settlement for you. We will negotiate with the involved parties, including insurance companies and healthcare providers, to achieve the best possible outcome without the need for a lengthy court battle.
- Litigation Expertise: In cases where a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, we have the litigation experience to take your case to court. Our Chelsea medical malpractice lawyer will represent you effectively and passionately, fighting for your rights and the compensation you deserve.
- Maximized Compensation: We are committed to securing the maximum compensation available to you. This may include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages resulting from the medical malpractice.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that you have a dedicated legal advocate on your side can provide peace of mind during what can be a challenging and stressful time. We will handle the legal aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on your recovery and well-being.
Georges Cote Law obtained $700,000 on behalf of a client injured in a motorcycle accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $237,500 on behalf of a client who was injured in a scooter accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $230,000 on behalf of a client who was injured in a premises accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $230,000 on behalf of a client injured in a truck accident.
Georges Cote Law obtained $170,000 on behalf of a client who was injured after slipping and falling.
Georges Cote Law obtained $150,000 on behalf of a client who was injured in a motor vehicle accident.
What Are Some Examples of Medical Malpractice?
Medical negligence can include any action or inaction taken by a doctor or other healthcare professional that falls below an accepted standard of care and causes injury to a patient. In many cases, negligence can go unnoticed for long periods of time, so knowing some common examples can help you identify whether or not you are a victim.
Some common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Diagnosis Errors: Diagnosis errors occur when a healthcare provider fails to properly diagnose or misdiagnoses a serious medical condition that results in significant health problems for the patient.
- Surgical Errors: These can involve incorrect operations or procedures performed on the wrong part of the body or leaving foreign objects in a patient after surgery.
- Medication Mistakes: These mistakes include prescribing the wrong medication, giving too much or too little of the medicine prescribed, failing to warn about potential side effects and drug interactions, or administering medications at incorrect intervals.
- Birth injuries: Types of medical malpractice that involve injury during labor and delivery resulting from medical error.
- Wrongful Death: When someone dies due to negligence or misconduct that would have resulted in personal injury if the person had survived.
I loved my experience with them!
A great team full of amazing people that took amazing care of my case! I wouldn’t recommend anywhere else! They always answered all of my questions and made sure that everything ran smoothly + they make no mistakes!- Eduarda Sousa
The work you do is important and so appreciated.
I had a great experience with the team, they are professional, passionate, and respectful. Thank you for helping me through my case, and for ensuring the best possible outcome on my behalf.- Keevens Nepius
If you’re looking for an attorney, look no further than Georges Cote Law!
They were responsive, concise, and capable, and explained everything clearly in a way that was easy to understand. They made my whole case a breeze; I didn’t have to worry about a thing.- Danielle Wood
My experience with Audai was excellent! Highly recommended.- Josemassi Zeze
The best law firm in Boston.
The best law firm in Boston.- Amir Khan
They are the best. Very attentive.- Rayane Rodrigues